Our Care Under COVID
Keeping our Patients, Residents, and Staff Safe
The safety of our patients is a top priority for our staff. The Plaza at Lubbock has been a leader in implementing systems and processes that assure that we deliver high-quality, safe care for those in our facilities during this worldwide pandemic. Although these challenging times have brought many changes one thing has stayed the same: our total commitment to the safety of our patients and staff. We have put stringent protocols in place to protect every single person who comes through our doors.
Our Safety Practices
The Plaza at Lubbock has established a safe environment by implementing a range of rigorous protocols, which includes the following:
- Continually disinfecting all areas and frequently touched surfaces
- Requiring all patients and staff to wear face coverings
- Following physical distancing protocols
- We have hired a team of infection control nurses.
- Screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival
- Regularly testing our staff for COVID-19
- Implementing strict isolation practices to separate COVID-19 patients from others.
What to Expect During Your Visit
The Plaza at Lubbock is now allowing visitation with our residents/patients. Visiting hours are 9am to 8pm daily. A COVID-19 test will be provided for visitors on weekly basis. Please call Kathleen Seebaum at 806-536-4305 or Kim Pearce at 806-317-0132 for more information or to schedule a visit.
- Each visitor must be screened by the designated facility representative upon entering the facility, prior to the indoor visit.
- Each visit must be scheduled by appointment.
- Each visit will take place in a common space (versus in the resident’s room).
- The resident must be COVID-negative to receive a visit.
- Visits will be allowed only in facilities in which the respective county COVID positivity rate is low (5% or less). NOTE: The CDC currently defines a low positivity rate as <5%, and medium is 5-10%, and high as >10%.
- Visits will be allowed only in facilities that have been COVID-free (for both residents & staff) for (at least) the past 14 days.
- After each visit, the space will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, with an emphasis on frequently touched surfaces per CDC guidelines.
With ongoing changes in guidance from state and national authorities, our team continues to stay on top of every update and adjusts our policies to care for patients. We appreciate your support and patience as we operate in these difficult times.